Thursday, May 08, 2003

Here it is the 8th already. May 6th I had an all day, out of it, doctor's appointment and yesterday was Dick's Birthday. So here I am again checking in. Bart came to visit today. He is looking so much better lately.

Here is a little poem I wrote a couple of years ago. I hope you enjoy it.

AWAKENING

Morning is a gentle time.
Time for meandering and meditating.
Meditating on the day ahead, the day past.
Past the wakening houses, I walk.
Walk with my furry companion.
Companion who listens but makes no judgements.
Judgements, I make myself, as we wander.
Wander through the streets, listening.
Listening to the world awakening.
Awakening birds chirp hesitantly.
Hesitantly, then hungrily as they soar.
Soar into the air where I would like to be.
Be free from constraints.
Constraints that keep my feet planted.
Planted on the ground.

No comments: