Friday, May 17, 2019

I wore one of my shamrock sox today and did get a comment on them at the Celtic Meeting.

Quite an exciting meeting.    I pulled up to the Shamrock and it was Locked.    Anne and Glenn arrived almost at the same time I did and found out that the Shamrock was CLOSED.   And I mean Closed.   It no longer exists.    We decided to go to another restaurant, Ted's, down the street.   We hung around until about 2?15PM and then put a note on the door for any late comers.    I hope we didn't miss anybody.    I will send out an update this weekend and hope we haven't upset anybody.

We had eight people there, so Ted's would be glad to have us back next month, but perhaps a less ethnic place would be better.    We have a month to decide.    We had a great time and discussed, as we had planned, Easter in Ireland.    They celebrate Much as we do but they have much more strict church wise.

I also brought a print of the 7 signatories of the Easter Rising which occurred 1916.   I gave a bit of the history and shared the proclamation.

It was fun.   Great group of people.    We are going to go more into the other 6 Celtic Nations other that Irish soon.   Sandy will help us when she is back from vacations.

Dia Dhuit

Mary     

No comments: