Thursday, August 09, 2018

It was a nice day today.

Nora called this afternoon and we had such a nice visit.   I remember when I was young, that long distance calls cost a fortune so you only  called people on holidays and in an emergency.    How lovely that we can just pick up the phone and connect with anyone in the good old USA.

I make my reservations for my plane trip to Wisconsin for the reunion in September.   Glad that is done and I will have a car waiting for me.

Bart and Barb took me.  Then since the travel agent is in the Mall,  we did some shopping and ate out at the Mexican restaurant.    I found a nice top to wear for the reunion.

On the way home we stopped at Joanne Fabrics and I picked up some fat quarters for my stash and for the Quild Guild meeting which is on Monday evening.

So a good day with good company.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: