Saturday, September 27, 2014

Well, another day and I am still exhausted.   I got my pictures uploaded to Picasa but am having trouble blogging the pictures.

The trip was so wonderful.   My only problem was that I got a stomach but the third night and my appetite was pretty off the whole trip.   We saw so much.   Our guide, Graham Bruce, was a font of knowledge and kept us informed of the areas we were traversing, both the history and the natural beauty.    He is a retired teacher and has had so many fantastic experiences because of his historical and his political involvement in his home area. 

He wears a kilt always and calls himself the Sweetie Man as he shares each day a different kind of candy with us.   The Scots and I know the Irish also refer to candies as sweets.   So we had quite a variety in two weeks.

I will tell more each day and eventually get pictures in.   Today, I went to Sheboygan to the Glas Haus on 14th Street for the 4th Annual 100,000 Poets for Change.  There were events like this all over the world.    I sang The Island as my other poet's contribution.   Then at the open mike portion read I Watched the Trees Die and Cellophane People as my own contributions.

They were all received well.  Tomorrow I only have to leave to attend Mass in the morning and hope that by Monday I will no longer be so tired and more centered.

Hope everybody is well.

Dia Dhuit

Mary

No comments: