Sunday, June 29, 2003

Well, it is almost July. Only two more days and summer is here. Already crops are starting to be harvested. So far two generous people have given us leaf lettuce. I got my first bunch from Charley at Bible Study on Wednesday Morning. Today, Mother gave me another bag. It is really nice to have the fresh greens to add to the salads and sandwiches.

I fixed chili on Thursday afternoon for this weekend. I put a pound of venison in it. That always makes such a hearty and flavorful chili.

Here is my recipe

1 lb hamburger
1 onion
1 large clove garlic or 1 teasp. garlic powder
1/4 lb chorizo
1 teasp. chili powder
1/2 teasp.cumin
1/2 teasp. cayenne pipper
Salt and pepper to taste
1 16 oz can small red beans
1 small can tomato sauce

Brown the meat, onions and garlic. Remove excess grease. Add the spices, undrained beans and tomato sauce.

Cook for at least an hour. Add extra seasonings to taste.

For best flavor let cool completely. I make it a day ahead of time. I usually do a four pound batch.


We do LOVE our chili. Dick has a recipe too and there is always Friday Chili too. Someday I will share them too.

Have a good Monday.

Peace and love to you

Mary

No comments: