Wednesday, June 18, 2003

My Dear Aunt Helen was born 5/20/1905. She died 12/22/1993. She was my best friend.

We found a shoe box with pieces of a quilt in a closet in her home. All of the patterned pieces and a lot of the solid border were in the box all cut out and ready to go. A couple of motifs were even assembled so II was able to determine that it was Grandma's Flower Garden. I added more solids,a backing and fill and assembled it in to a quilt. It took me seven years to complete it, every stitch by hand. So far, it has been entered in last year's Sheboygan Quilt Show and also displayed at Kohler Art Center in a quilt show for the Sesquitenial. I think Aunt Helen would have been pleased to see it finished. The fabrics seem to be from the 40s or 50s so she held on to it for a long long time. I call it Aunt Helen's Flower Garden.

Tomorrow I am going to a Brewer Game with the family. Should be fun tailgaiting with everyone. Haven't seen George and Betsy or Nora and Leif for quite a long time.

Cheers

Mary

No comments: